Are you ready to cause a ruckus?
We have been supporting the activism of girls for a long time but you have told us that there is a great need for convening and supporting the activism work of adult women too. You are already calling senators, sending postcards, donating. But you want to do more. You are not alone. This is a chance to bring together, in coalition, the many women in our state who’ve thought to themselves, “I can’t just sit here. I need to do something.”
In the vein of our Girls Coalition Groups, we’re offering ongoing Women’s Action Groups. These groups, facilitated by trained Hardy Girls adult muses, will be focused on educating ourselves and taking action on the issues that matter most to women and girls. Each group will focus on a specific issue that is most relevant to them. Topics could include but are not limited to: combatting street harassment, sexualization of girls and women in the media, access to reproductive health, human rights, and children’s rights. Whether you want to make change on a local level or advocate nationally, this is your opportunity to act. Groups are open to women of all walks of life and political leanings.
Thank you to everyone who attended our kickoff events!! We’ve finalized our group locations/days/times. Registration for groups is now open. Check your schedules for which one will work best for you. Groups will meet monthly March – December 2017 and be $15/mth. Participants can choose to make a one-time donation of $150 or sign up for monthly payments of $15.
- Augusta – 2nd Wednesdays of the month – 6-7pm – Register here.
- Bangor – 1st Thursdays of the month – 6:30-7:30pm – Register here.
- Brunswick – 2nd Thursdays of the month – 6-7pm – Register here.
- Portland – 1st Wednesdays of the month – 6-7pm – Register here. WAIT LIST ONLY
- Portland – 2nd Thursdays of the month – 7-8pm – Register here. WAIT LIST ONLY
- Portland – 1st Thursdays of the month – 6-7pm – Register here.
- Waterville – 2nd Wednesdays of the month – 7-8pm – Register here.
WAIT LIST NOTE: If you are interested in a group that is full, please still submit your registration for the wait list. We are monitoring these and adding/consolidating groups based on registration interest.