Hardy Girls Healthy Women is a vibrant community of smart, feisty, passionate girls and women – many of whom volunteer their time and energy to further our mission. If you are interested in supporting this work as a volunteer, we have many opportunities! Our busy seasons are winter and spring. Volunteering can be from your home or at our offices in Waterville or Portland. Reach out!
Join a Committee! Committees meet monthly (often by video) and connect you with a group of engaged women and girls:
- Development: Friendraising!; help us identify potential sponsors; recruit donors; build and maintain our list of women-owned businesses; help with fundraising events.
- Marketing & PR: help write press releases and place our stories with local and statewide media outlets; bring your graphic design and/or videography experience to help with promotional materials.
- Administrative/office support
- Girls Rock! Awards (opportunities August through March): serve on the planning committee; outreach for award nominees; “Adopt an Award Winner” by outreaching to her hometown and getting her community to recognize her accomplishment through press releases and follow up with the local newspaper and her school newspaper. Then meet her at the event!
- Attend Girls Rock! Awards and Conferences to assist with set-up, check in, and action spots
- Table at a community event (with a member of the Girls Advisory Board)
- Poster ambassador: hang HGHW posters in your community
Hardy Girls Healthy Women takes girls* seriously through year-round, statewide programs that puts the power in their hands to challenge a society that ignores their brilliance. We dare adult allies to join us in standing with girls.
* self-identifying girls and gender expansive folks